mizzmizzy
mizzmizzy asks:
Q:

daughter got bitten in a fight

this girl has started atleast three fights with my daughter who happens to be very tall. when this girl has came up to her my daughter puts her hands in front of her face to protect herself and she still gets suspended this last time that girl started the fight my daughter put her on the ground and sat on her while she did that the girl bit her left her whole mouth of teeth impressions on my daughters arm apparantly the school is unaware of the bite should i say something ?

|

MomSOS

Yes, I concur with the other answers.  It is very important to let the school know about this situation. I suggest that you go right to the principal and bring this to his/her attention. Your daughter's safety is at stake, and possibly the safety of others. People often ask, "What can I do about bullying?" It takes a community to stop bullying, and that starts with individuals. As you do your part, it adds to the efforts to stamp out the problem of bullying in general.

It is possible also that the girl who starts fights, and who bit your daughter may need help. When you speak up it, may lead to that child getting the help she needs.

If your daughter is fearful of your "tattling" on the girl who caused the problems, you can make sure your child understands that when safety and bullying are at issue, reporting a problem is appropriate. Reporting is not tattling. Tattling involves telling someone's private business. Safety concerns are very different.

Good luck! Let us know how it works out.
Bette J. Freedson, LICSW, LCSW, CGP
0
0

JoshRawrrs1
JoshRawrrs1 writes:
Of course you should, I'm only a student, but I'm a caring brother and a active child care community service worker. I see you people with these problems all the time.

The first thing you should do is talk to your daughter about it. Does she want to go ahead and tell the school about this incident? I know kids these days is more of a popularity issue. They keep anything secret to protect their popularity and trust levels. I'm not sure about your daughter, but the way you describe about her actions. She's a very nice girl.

After you talk to your daughter about this, you take action. Always put your daughter's opinion in front of your own. Don't just take action or she might hate you just for that.

I hope I have answered your question. I will come back to see if you have anything else

0
0
Wayne Yankus writes:
Absolutely! If this happened at school, the school nurse needs to report it and the students need to be counseled.  Also, if your daughter's skin was broken by the bite, your doctor should be called for evaluation and treatment.  HIV, hepatitis, and infections can occur. Be wise and be pro-active.  Show up and talk to your principal.

0
0
saiqua
saiqua writes:
yes you really should talk to teacher.

0
0