maddy13
maddy13 asks:
Q:

My daughter goes to her dad house on the weekends and sleeps in the same bed as him an his girlfriend. What can I do?

she is 3 years old going on 4.. she sleeps there twice a moth some times a lil more, he has her every other weekend.. she sleeps in the same bed as him and his g/f, an in the same room as her 1 year old brother is that aloud? and if not who can i contact..
In Topics: My child's growth and development, Blended families, Single parent families

|
Hi, It sounds like you may be describing a co-sleeping or 'family bed' arrangement. For some cultures, this is a very normal or ordinary sleep arrangement. For others, it is frowned upon, and to some, considered dangerous (particularly for infants).

Here is a JustAsk question where various members of this community chimed in with their perspectives on co-sleeping:

http://www.education.com/question/co-sleeping-family-bed/

If you aren't comfortable with co-sleeping, or outright disagree with the practice, talk to your daughter's father about your perspective. Ask that he change the arrangement to be consistent with the sleeping arrangement your daughter experiences at your house. Talk to your daughter's pediatrician as well -- he/she may offer some additional insights to support your perspective and persuade your daughter's father.

If you and your daughter's father have a legal custody agreement: you might also discuss this matter with your lawyer. It may be possible to have your agreement altered to include a legally-binding provision that addresses the issue of co-sleeping.

I'm including some additional resources below you may find helpful to this situation, as well as for this stage of your child's education and development.

0
0
popprincess
popprincess writes:
i can understand sleeping with parents when a child has bad dreams but if it gets to out of hand, talk to them about it, and if that's to complicated maybe try to talk to your daughter and ask her.

0
1
Considering this is not the natural mom, I would definately talk to your ex about it. I personally would not stand for this. The child could get rolled on, bed bugs, and learn bad habits early and set it up for you to have to undo.

1
1
Anonymous