migi40 asks:

How do I go about having my daughter diagnosed?

In Topics: Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
> 60 days ago



Jan 18, 2011
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk.

The best way to get your child evaluated- which may or may not lead to a diagnosis of an exceptional learning challenge- is through your public school system.  Request a meeting with the special education team in writing.  They will be able to get you to those who can be serve your child.  Their contact information should be readily available from the office at your child's home school or the main district office.

However, note that often an educational team may ask for medical evaluations prior to any formal psycho-educational data is collected.  

Good luck!

Louise Sattler
Nationally Certified School Psychologist
Owner of Signing Familes™

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend Education.com to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely