juanl2
juanl2 asks:
Q:

Can my daughter go back to another district?

We moved from one city to another one about 15 minutes away. We moved 2 1/2 years ago. My daughter really wants to go back to the School district were we used to live. the district that she attends now is bad. Is there any way she can go back to the school district she used to attend to? Thankyou
In Topics: Working with school administrators, My Relationship with my child's school, Self esteem and identity

|

dpratser
dpratser writes:
Different areas have different requirements for attending schools outside of your zoned area.  However, you are usually required to show proof of residency for your child to attend school in a particular district.  You'd need to talk to the district office to find out if she'd be able to attend there.  But, I think you might want to work more with her on adjusting and coping to her new surroundings.  It can sometimes take quite a while to make the changes.  She might need to talk to a counselor to help her find out why she's not yet comfortable in her new school. Encourage her to get involved in after-school activities, sports, or clubs, and to meet friends.  This is often a great way to help your daughter feel more included, which will in turn help her feel mor comfortable in her new surroundings.

0
0
Anonymous