Moreno1990
Moreno1990 asks:
Q:

How do I get my daughter to eat more food?

I am in the military so my daughter lives with my ex-wife most of the time but what my mother tells me and what I have noticed when I do see her is that she hardly eats at all. She never tells me when she is hungry and every time I call her and asked her what she has eaten for the day she just says cereal. I tried to bring it up with my ex but what she tells me is that she eats a lot when she is with her but I don't believe her. What can my mother and I do to change the way she eats? Every time I see her I have to force her to sit down and finish her plate. She only takes a couple of bites and she also loves to eat sweets. Is there a way I could get her used to eating more with me so that when she does go with her mother I know she will let her know when she is hungry?
In Topics: Eating disorders

|
peacok
peacok writes:
Make it into a smoothie.

0
0
smartfatima
smartfatima writes:
I think you must set a food program for her. Another way is decorate her food with each other. Or cook her favorite food at first. And you can read about vegetables to her.

0
0
JamielaIsmail
JamielaIsmail , Teacher writes:
You did not say how old your daughter is - if she is 2 years, then it's natural for her not to eat and she will come to you for food. However, if she is older than 4 years, then it's definitely a problem. Cereal is good not balanced but good. Add pieces of banana into it. Now you have to get to the bottom of the problem otherwise she will become ill. Children like their food to be interesting so you must cut sandwiches into 4 squares or triangles, ask her to help you make them. I used to have a favorite toy at the table, and at times I let her watch tv - Barney. I made sure that there was some sweet treat after the meal was eaten.
If she is older then you need to seek help asap.  
Hope this helps.

0
0