twist
twist asks:
Q:

How can I make my daughter feel comfortable about her looks?

My daughter is 12 yrs of age and thinks she's fat.  She is a little over 5'6" tall and weighs around 85-90 lbs - she is very thin.  I don't know what to do I tell her she is perfect just how God made her.  I always compliment her brains, beauty, and personality.  I don't know what to do?  She is just so unhappy.
In Topics: Self esteem and identity

|

Hi twist - I'm sure it's really heartbreaking for you to see your daughter struggling with her body image.  Unfortunately, this is really common for girls her age (and even girls who are much younger).  It sounds like you're doing the right kinds of things to help boost her self esteem.

Education.com has a number of great articles on body image that may help you understand what she's going through and get more ideas of how to help.  Here's a great one to start with:  http://www.education.com/magazine/article/Girls_and_Body_Image_Help_Your/

She's lucky to have you in her corner!  Let us know how you're both doing.

Education.com Community Team

0
0