Veena7671
Veena7671 asks:
Q:

My daughter felt discriminated by a coach with whom we have had a disagreement before. What should we do?

My daughter who is in middle school was trying out for basketball and saw a coach with whom we had a disagreement with before present at the tryout. He was not the coach for the middle school but was there with a clipboard with the names of the girls that he wanted on the team. At the end of the tryout he handed the notes to  the actual coach of the tryout. My daughter is not the best player but is a good player. My daughter didnot make it on the team. My daughter felt intimidated by the prescence of the other coach and felt he used his influence to make sure that my child not get on the team. I contacted the principle and told them what had happened and my child was allowed to try out again but the tryout coach told her that if he put her on the team, then that would mean that he had done something wrong by putting her back on the team and he was admitting guilty. So to save himself he made sure that my child did not get on the team. What can I as a parent do to right his wrong?
In Topics: Sports and athletics

|