posy
posy asks:
Q:

my daughter forgets sooo much she is in grade 2 she cant remember in exames she doesnt read well nor write she doesnt finish homework ........

i feel she is not in her age although in real life she remmembers lots of old things she can buy me anything from the supermarket..........please tell me is she going to be better by time
thank you
mother
In Topics: School and Academics, Motivation and achievement at school

|

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk,

When a parent has concerns, as you do, it is best to ask the teachers if she is demonstrating the same behaviors in school. If they are seriously concerned (or are you), then you can ask for a formal evaluation to be conducted. This will be done if there is a valid concern for school performance.  The school team also may suggest school- home behavioral charting to help with your daughter's organization and give her reminders about work.

Louise Sattler, Psychologist

0
0

pawanroalan
pawanroalan writes:
I Feel She Isn't Her Age .. Because She is Little old , Child learn 3 year after.. then its get knowledge, Remembers anything in memory .so please she is little child doesn't pressed on her .....
                                                                       We hope that She learn everything ,do everything in her life ... get success      
                                                                              Thank You

0
0
Cukimber
Cukimber writes:
My daughter is having similar problems. We are looking into testing her for ADD and dyslexia. I wish I had an answer for you!

0
0
Kristinailk
Kristinailk writes:
Be patient, save important homework when it's returned to you and review it with her. Have her tested to rule out any disorders or learning disabilities, and ask her current and past teachers what they think of her skills in class and behavior. How is she at home remembering things? Make sure she is doing homework in a quiet place, no tv, no radio, minimal noise so she can focus on her work.

0
0
drgwish3
drgwish3 writes:
First of all, my daughter has struggled with the ADD for quite some time now and I finally wrote a letter to the Principal in 4th grade, eventhough I kept telling the teachers that she has ADD since I have it and my dad has it, which can be hereditary.  

Your first step is to write a letter to the Principal and request that your daughter be tested for ADD.  They will test her with the School Psychologist and the standardized tests for that problem.  They have to test her when you have it in writing.  If you just talk, nothing will get done.  I actually moved to a different town because of a better school system... but they have to test no matter what.  

also, nutrition has a key role in this too that helps tremendously.  I give my daughter flax oil supplements, gummy vitamins, fruit/veggie bears, L-theanine, an amino acid works wonders.

Hope this helps..

0
0