nicolette
nicolette asks:
Q:

Daughter in grade 2 is having trouble making and keeping friends.

My daughter goes to a private school is having trouble keeping her friends. She is very talkative and like to play with all the girls in her class, but others don't want to play with her. She's the smallest in her class (35 lbs) and the other kids commented on her size and really hurt her feelings. I try the play date and the parents never asked us, I am always do the asking and now there are 4 parents fighting over play dates, its frustrating. It was the same last year. I am thinking of moving her to a different public school system, not sure if it's a good idea, since its 2 months into the school year. She's a very confident girl, and I don't want to her loose the confidence. I am also worry about bullying in the future, she have small bones like me and I got picked on when I was in school.
In Topics: Friendships and peer relationships

|

AnnieFox

It sounds like there is some "mean girl" behavior going on in your daughter's 2nd grade class! Sigh.... I'm wondering if you've spoken yet to the teacher about the teasing that's going on. Surely if the teacher were aware of it then he/she could do a lot of good in working with the students around issues of friendship, acceptance, diversity, etc. Second grade is a perfect time to be looking for these "teachable moments." So please, before you take your daughter to another district, a) talk to the teacher and see if (s)he is willing to help b) talk to the principal and c) explore getting your daughter involved in a Girl Scout troupe where she can make some friends who are not in her class.

0
0

Sweet_Suha
Sweet_Suha writes:
Maybe you should first see about your daughters health. Then try complaining to the teachers and see your luck. Your daughter can make a friend by impressing someone with any of her special qualities that person dosen't have. If this idea still dosen't work then admit her in a new school with good health and more confidence cause confidence is very important.

0
0