Step-ca
Step-ca asks:
Q:

What can I do when I have my daughter who is  in second grade and does'nt want to go to school

In Topics: Back to school, School and Academics

|

School phobia or school refusal can be attributed to a number of reasons- not achieving, fear of failure, wanting to stay close to a parent...

Speak with the school counselor about your concerns and describe what you are seeing in your child. Children feel more connected to school when they feel as though they matter. How can your child connect to a teacher, coach, counselor, or other adult?
0
0

RayNarayan
RayNarayan writes:
I think this is a very common problem which most of the parents face. Parents should make children realize the importance of studies at an early age. I am sure this will be difficult for most of the parents but if children are handled with love, care and affection nothing will be impossible.

0
0
JamielaIsmail
JamielaIsmail , Teacher writes:
Hello there,
The problem should be addressed in a manner that will encourage the child to speak about the reasons for not wanting to go to school.  One main reason could be that she is being bullied.  Take her for a milkshake and ask her about school - what she likes and dislikes - who her friends are.  The interest you show will let her feel safe and in this way she will explain the reasons.  

Make the teacher aware of the situation/your daughter's feelings and ask her to keep an eye on her until she settles in.

Drawing pictures of her day at school is a method to determine the level of happiness as well as concerns.

Hope this helps you get to the bottom of the matter.

I hope all works out for you and your daughter.

0
0