Angelique18
Angelique18 asks:
Q:

My daughter wants to be home-schooling beginning 10th next year.. its a good idea or not ?

In Topics: School and Academics, Homeschooling

|
cmbradshawmarble
cmbradshawm... writes:
With the way the school districts are going, yes, it is a good idea. I'm currently homeschooling my 11 year old son because of what happened in the middle school he attended.
Do you know what curriculum you want to use? I have several websites to help if you're interested.

0
0
EdEd
EdEd writes:
I would do a significant amount of research about it before making a decision. Education - done well - is something that can require a significant amount of technical skill and skill that aren't readily available without a lot of training, practice, and guidance. Fortunately, many kids do well even without great instruction, so homeschooling can be quite effective for many kids who already know how to learn well. For kids that struggle with academics at all, or who need specific educational supports to be successful, it could be quite a dangerous move.

One other thing to consider - if your daughter is asking to be homeschooled, I'd be curious as to her thinking about that. What has prompted her to all of a sudden want to leave school? It could suggest that there are problems at school that might need attention. Simply withdrawing her from school wouldn't necessarily be a solution to those problems, just avoiding them for an indefinite amount of time.

Regardless, it sounds like you aren't allowing her to make the decision, but are seeking your own information and making it your decision, not hers. I would continue to do this - realize that even though she may want to be homeschooled, it might not be the best decision for her.

0
0