debsy
debsy asks:
Q:

why has my daughter not had intercourse yet

I think my daughter is afraid to have Sexual intercourse. She has had two boyfriends and has slept in the same bed with each of them over the period of the relationship. She has told me she has never had intercourse, she is now 20 and I find it hard to beleive considering that she has slept in the same bed. She has moved into a flat with the previous boyfriend two weeks ago, she has now told him she just wants to be friends and nothing else. I asked her if she had actually had intercourse with him yet,as I wanted to get an idea of how close they are in their relationship, and she said she has never had intercourse with either of them. I told her that she should not be afraid to do this as it does not hurt, and it is lovely when you are in  a loving relationship. She said that you still have to want to do it and she doesnt. I am worried about her because she is not really openly loving with anyone, and she is very hard to work out with her feelings. I want to discuss the matter further with her, but I do not know how best to approach the subject. please can you help me.
In Topics: Teen sexuality and dating

|
babycakescurran
babycakescu... writes:
I think that this is the wrong forum for this type of question.  This is a website for parents attempting to help their children succeed.  Not their ADULT child consumate a relationship.  Your child is now an adult and it is not your problem whether or not she chooses to do the deed.

2
1
maryeve
maryeve writes:
i think it is wonderful that she is choosing not to just give in to peer pressure. she is showing self-respect and self-control. you should be very proud of her.

0
0
nativepride59
nativepride59 writes:
If she has not mentioned wanting to wait, then she may have issues with sex. She may also not be interested in men. She is not a child anymore but as her parent you may want to suggest talking to someone other then you. I do have to agree with the 1st response though, I think this is the wrong place to ask this question. Good luck.

0
0