lillianmoore13
lillianmoor... asks:
Q:

Hi, I have a daughter with a learning disability. She also have mild cerebral palsy as well as ADHD. How do I go by of getting her enrolled?

Hi, I have a daughter and her name is Mecayla. She have a learning disability. She also have mild cerebral palsy as well as ADHD. She has an IEP as well as a 504 and I was wondering do you teach a child with these disabilities? How do I go by of getting her enrolled in a high school since she will be graduating soon.
In Topics: Special needs

|

I want to start by asking if your daughter is currently in public school or receiving services via an IEP and 504 plan from a home or center based program?

If she is in public school then the school team should help you with High School transition and even in to after high school education, such as college, if that applies.

Public education in the United States offers services to all children, including those with learning challenges. The education has many federal guidelines which you can read about via www.WrightsLaw.com or on this website.

If your child is not able to be educated via your local school, (as determined by the IEP team) then options can be discussed with school officials and yourself. Either way, your child is entitled to education within the US until the age of 21.

Good luck.

0
0