lillianmoor... asks:

Hi, I have a daughter with a learning disability. She also have mild cerebral palsy as well as ADHD. How do I go by of getting her enrolled?

Hi, I have a daughter and her name is Mecayla. She have a learning disability. She also have mild cerebral palsy as well as ADHD. She has an IEP as well as a 504 and I was wondering do you teach a child with these disabilities? How do I go by of getting her enrolled in a high school since she will be graduating soon.
In Topics: Special needs
> 60 days ago



Mar 12, 2012
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk!

I want to start by asking if your daughter is currently in public school or receiving services via an IEP and 504 plan from a home or center based program?

If she is in public school then the school team should help you with High School transition and even in to after high school education, such as college, if that applies.

Public education in the United States offers services to all children, including those with learning challenges. The education has many federal guidelines which you can read about via or on this website.

If your child is not able to be educated via your local school, (as determined by the IEP team) then options can be discussed with school officials and yourself. Either way, your child is entitled to education within the US until the age of 21.

Good luck.

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely