Mommyof2003
Mommyof2003 asks:
Q:

Is my daughter normal for her age?  What can I do differently?

I am currently homeschooling my daughter, but she doesn't seem to remember her ABC's or numbers. I was wondering if this is normal for her age. We work on the alphabet every other day because she gets bored with doing the same schoolwork over. She can say most of  the letters but not in order. Is there something I can do differently? Does anyone have any adive?
In Topics: Homeschooling

|

Hello!

It sounds like your daughter's doing just fine.  Three is really young to have the alphabet and numbers memorized perfectly.   At this age I think the most important thing you can do is read books to your daughter and just have fun with letters and numbers.  I wouldn't focus too much on "school work" at this point - just let her learn from her surroundings (you can count the number of carrots on her plate with her at lunch time, help her identify letters in alphabet soup, take her on a walk and talk to her about what all the things in nature start with - "flower starts with F".)

We have lots of preschool activities in our activities section:  http://www.education.com/activity/preschool/     They're all educational AND really fun.  Maybe you and your daughter would enjoy trying some of those together?

And since you're home schooling, it's important to remember to find ways to help your daughter develop the social skills kids are working on at this age.  Lots of trips to the playground or playdates with other kids will be really great for her.

Hope this helps... let us know how you're both doing!

Education.com Community Team  

0
0