LuckyBugg
LuckyBugg asks:
Q:

Does my daughter have OCD?

I want to make sure if my 14 year old daughter should be tested for OCD? These are what I feel are her symptoms.

She will stick to my daily routine everything must be done in a certain order, constantly has urges to keep things straight and clean, always tidying up and keeping things straight, she hoovers the whole house almost everyday for no reason, she fears change a lot, She has to shower everyday if she doesn't she constantly feels dirty. Also she gets very anxious about things if they haven't been done.

I read up on these diagnosis's and I'm pretty sure she has type two distractions of 'neatness' I also read somewhere that tonsillitis is common with OCD which she gets almost constantly.

It seems like nothing but I want to be sure. I'm going on whatever I have basically. Do any of these things link to OCD? My older son also has ADHD perhaps it could be linked that way as well?
In Topics: Special needs, Anxiety

|

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) can have a great impact on an individual, including academics and social-emotional development.  Children who may be suspected of having OCD or related issues, should be evaluated by professionals, such as psychologists, psychiatrists or a pediatrician.  I would recommend that you also ask for a formal school meeting to help guide you to the right people in your community.  

Be sure to journal your concerns as day to day information will be important.

0
0

Louiseasl , Child Professional writes:

0
0