TERI47
TERI47 asks:
Q:

I would like to know how I could help my 12 year old daughter with being potty trained. I have tried everything. Please HELP ME!

To who it may concern,My daughter was born with a mild case of cp and she is in special ed and im having problems potty training her and she is 12 yrs old.I have tried everything and i can't get her potty trained.What can i do to help her get potty trained,Please HELP ME!!!!! Thanks,Teresa
In Topics: Physical Health, Special needs, Potty Training

|

Dear Teresa:

Talk to your pediatrician or developmental specialist.  it should be part of her IEP or individual educational plan at school facilitated by her case worker.  Go for it. You can't do it alone.

2
0

dillardfromvegas
dillardfrom... writes:
Dear Teresa,
I understand your child has CP, but there may be some underlyiny problems that may be causing her to have problems with the potty training thing. I worked in the medical field in Las Vegas for over 20 years most of them being in pediatrics. If you have not done it already I would suggest taking her to a pediatric Urologist just to make sure there are no underlying problems. A lot of times parents think their children are either delayed or are just being lazy, but ultimately there have been more cases of it being things like an overactive bladder. Hope this helps.....GOOD LUCK!!

0
0
Verlin
Verlin writes:
Well What I would do is Convince her with candy! If that doesnt work then maybe Go to a profesional like a Pediatritian and ask them!:D

0
0
Anonymous