vanessal
vanessal asks:
Q:

My daughter's reading level is down graded, how do I help her?

My daughter is in the G&T class.  Her reading level was in level E when she was in kindergarten.  Now she is in first grade with her reading level down graded.  The teacher said that the assessment tool is The Teacher College Reading assessment.  I feel that my daughter has weekness on summarizing the story (when she retells the story, she repeats the whole story, not summary).  How do I help to improve her reading in general, and how do I help her to get into higher level in her class (pass the Teacher College reading assessment test for April) ?
Thank you
In Topics: Helping my child with reading

|

amylouise1994
amylouise1994 writes:
Just to help me a little, how old is your daughter?
One of the best tips that I can give to you, is if you pay a visit to the doctor as they have services and contacts that can send you to local agencies that can help your daughter improve on her reading skills, whether it be at your local doctors or clinic in your local area. Another way to help your daughter is if you sit down with her regularly, like once a day in a quite time, and read to her, together and also let her read alone to you out loud, then ask her to summarize the story with you? also it would help if your child is encouraged positively into reading by themselves regularly.
I hope this helps?
thanks.

1
0