jemima asks:

daughter who in sept goes into year 11 to do gcses & would then like to go to 6th form and university. parents need to relocate how easy is this?  

In Topics: Getting ready for college
> 60 days ago



Oct 27, 2010
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

The type of your question seems to indicate that your daughter is in a school perhaps overseas, and thus, it is difficult to give you a totally acurate answer since the US grade structure and testing program is so different.

Let me give your question a try- most US schools will work with students who transfer from out of the country. It may take some time to adequately review transcripts and assess where the new student should be placed.

In your case it sounds like your child has been on a University track, and if you have enough information, your child should easily be placed in appropriate college-level courses.

Perhaps you should find out where your daughter will attend high school when you relocate and contact the school guidance counselor or principal to explain your unique situation.

Good luck!

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely