SuperAijaz
SuperAijaz asks:
Q:

My daughter shows no interest in study at all

My 9 year old daughter shows no interest in any type of study at all. Currently she is in 3rd grade but she already spent two years in grade 1 and again it looks that she will not be able to pass her State exam and other tests. It seems she does not want to use her brain because she always wants to do simple addition or subtraction problems. She never understands math word problems. All the time we have to remind her about her homework. Whenever we ask her to do homework she immediately starts yawning. Any practical solution/Advice will be greatly appreciated. Her TV and computer time is already very limited.

|

rkaiulani
rkaiulani writes:

It's possible that your daughter is not merely unmotivated to study and learn. She may have a learning difficulty that you are not aware of that makes schoolwork more difficult and onerous than for other children. I think that you should have her evaluated for learning disorders and perhaps consult with your school over whether she could benefit from a specialized tutor. Good luck!

0
0