ldelsavio
ldelsavio asks:
Q:

Can my daughter start High School in a different district if we don't live within the district?

My daughter attends a small public Middle/High school. She would like to attend a different high school when she starts the 9th grade next year. The High School she wants to attend is not in our district. Would it cost money to send her to this high school?
In Topics: Choosing a school

|

The only way to find out for certain is to call the district office of the high school your daughter would like to attend. Ask whether or not they have an inter-district transfer program. I live in California and here school districts allow parents to apply to go to a different school within their own district or to apply to go to school in a different district altogether. These transfers are usually granted if there is space available in the school you want to go to. The application process happens here around February and is a lottery system. It would be a good idea to call the office not to find out if you have a similar program and if so when you'd need to apply.

1
0