tanyamac asks:

What do I need for my daughter who is going to start kindergarten this year?  

i need help this is my first time doing this.
In Topics: Kindergarten readiness

Hi, Congratulations on this special milestone in your child's education!

Here are a few resources to help you (and your daughter) to prepare...

Kindergarten Readiness info center

This includes an extensive amount of information, including checklists such as this one:

Parent Checklist: Helping a Child Get Ready for Kindergarten

You may also find some helpful tips in these info centers as well:

Here is a suggested school supply shopping list for kindergarten:

You might also reach out to the school directly to learn about kindergarten orientation, and to connect with the Parent Teacher Association to get acquainted with the school community.

Good luck -- I hope all goes well with your daughter's first year of school.

Cambria writes:
My oldest daughter started kindergarten this past year and she loves it. I just kept telling her how much she's growing up and that she gets to be in a big girl school, make lots of friends, have fun and learn a lot. She was so excited from me pumping her up with all the positives that by the time the first day of school started she felt like such a big girl that she couldn't wait to go. The school should have a list of stuff that you'll need to bring for her to school. It's usually a couple boxes of crayons, a box of kleenex, a couple of glue sticks, a box of markers, a thing of washable paints, a backpack and some child safe scissors. Depending on the school, maybe a notebook or two.