Brunermom
Brunermom asks:
Q:

How can I help my daughter get started on her science project about soda and the cause of burping?

HELP!  My daughter has a science project that she'd like to do, involving store brand sodas versus name brand sodas-the cause of burping.  I know, a little crude but thats what she wants to do.  I just don't know how to get started.  She really needs to do well on this project, her grade in science is in termoil!!!  can any one help us to get started?  THANKYOU!
In Topics: Helping my child with science

|
lkauffman writes:
Your daughter is so lucky to have your support! To help get your daughter started, you should invite her to do some research on the web to get ideas for what she will actually be measuring in the experiment. For instance, will she be measuring the size of the burp generated with each of the two types of sodas? If so, how will that be measured?

Once your daughter understands better what she wishes to measure, you and she can work together to generate a hypothesis. With a hypothesis and measurement tool, she will then need to consider the procedure. How will she control various aspects of the experiment? How many people will she need to volunteer as participants. How will she keep the sodas "blinded"?

Hopefully, this should get you guys started. Good luck!

Counseling Psychologist
Education.com Expert Panel

1
0
jackie123
jackie123 writes:
Let your daughter know that to do this experiment she will have to get some volunteers to burp. Usually the boys want to do that. Burping is getting air into the stomach and the soda just aggravates this.

0
0