clancyp1
clancyp1 asks:
Q:

It seems as if my daughter teacher doesn't want her succeed  and get out of a special need class. What can I do to help transition out of that class?

We have sent her to and very highly rated tutoring service. They gave me her scores and say she is reading right her grade level which is 4th grade. I spoke with teacher and she tells me she is at a 2nd grade level. I am a volunteer at the school and has sit her class at time. Her teacher didn't like the fact that i didn't warned i would be sitting in. I felt as if you have your lesson plan it doesn't matter if its me or the principal sitting in. Secondly my daughter is intimidated by her and feels that she will always be stuck in the classroom. That is know way a child should feel. My daughter is very quiet among us some times. She has been diagnose as having dyslexia. i have been working with her on a daily basis with reading and math. She seems to be progressing but her teacher thinks total different. Please tell me what should I do.
In Topics: School and Academics, My Relationship with my child's school, Special education

|

You are frustrated with this teacher and see that your daughter's progress is limited by the teacher's assessment of her skills. You can request that your daughter be tested by a diagnostician/dyslexia reading specialist. An annual meeting is scheduled for each student to review their progress and plan for the next school year. With all of the resources you have provided (tutoring; attention at home), you see that your daughter may transition out of this program into the mainstream with minimal or no support. You can also request a meeting to discuss transition next year. Talk with the school counselor about your concerns and ask the counselor for recommendations.

1
0
Anonymous