Eboni
Eboni asks:
Q:

With my daughter unique characteristics, she is failing her math class and having problems with a teacher whom she has for 3 periods.  Can she succeed

My daugher is having problems with her 8th grade math teacher and another teacher with whom she has 3 periods with.  The math teacher is the only 8th grade teacher.My daughter just received a fail from the math teacher.  The math teacher never informed me that she was failing, but always informed me of her behavior.  The other teacher just started a couple of months ago.  My daughter received all B's from the long term sub, but now Im afraid that my daughter's grades will drop with this new teacher.
This is my daughter's 2nd year in a public school system.  She attended private school from k-6.  My daughter acts out when she is bored or when she notices inconsistencies or unfairness.  We have had numerous meetings with the counselor, teacher, principal and nothing has seemed to work.  This math teacher has barred my daughter from participating in all of the school activities because all teachers has to sign a clearance.  My daughter is very talented and I feel this school is emotionally destroying my child.  I have another meeting scheduled for this Monday with the principal.  I have considered pulling her out for homeschool, but its not fair that these trained professionals are unable to meet my child's unique needs.  I will be sending my daughter to an educational psychologist for additonal testing.  What else do you recommend?
My daughter has been ridiculed by this math teacher.  Even the other teacher had snatched a pencil out of my daughter's hand while she was writing
In Topics: Working with my child's teacher(s), Working with school administrators, Motivation and achievement at school

|

KidAngel

Hi Eboni,
You are on the right path by seeking testing for your child. You will need the assistance of this professional to clear the path for her in this school. It would appear that her behavior and her academic skills in math are both issues that need resolution by the professional. Until you get his professional opinion just sit tight. There is nothing more you can do until you get the professional guidance that you are seeking.
Stay strong! You will get your resolve.
Barbara Antinoro
Educational Counselor
Kid Angel Foundation
Education.com Team

1
0

"The trained professionals" are simply people themselves that have been taught a lot of useless theories to do in a classroom of 30 or more students. However, there is YOU who knows her needs better than these supposed professionals. YES! She can thrive in a home environment and start learning at a pace thats comfortable for both of you! I homeschool and a former teacher. So if you need any advice let me know!

0
0
mamjo1
mamjo1 writes:
Have your daughter go to khanacademy.org and practice her math, start at the beginning and watch the videos, some people just aren't good math teachers, luckily for us Sal Khan is a great one, he can explain any math concept in 10 minutes or less and it is understandable.

0
0
Anonymous