chefmichael
chefmichael asks:
Q:

Please help me help my daughters

i have 2 daughters that grew up in the detroit area school system, and for them no student left behind meant we ll pass you even though you  really didnt learn a thing.  they are 17 and 18 years old and have the education of a 5 th or 6 th grader if that .  i desperately want them to get their education  and  im not sure  exactly how to go about that  as the age to grade level presents a little issue .
 g e d  classes? i live in myrtle beach south carolina  and if you could point me in the direction so i can help my daughters i d be very appreciative .

thank you for your time
                                             michael barone

|

You want to provide your daughters with the best possible options for their future. It's difficult to answer this questions without more information, but I would recommend talking with the school counselor about what choices they have. GED is a route to take when students cannot complete high school by age 21 or need to move on. At this point, your daughters may not complete high school since they are below grade level and need extra support.

Community colleges offer many career and technology program that would be viable career routes.

0
0