Truly
Truly asks:
Q:

How do I deal with behavioral problems of a child who is ADD/ADHD?

I have an 11yr old who's ADHD and my problem is he has a behavioral problem. He's very forgetful and every time I have to remind him of doing his duties in the house.I'm very worried that if I can die he won't be able to stand on his own, he is too depended on me. I don't know how to deal with his problem and it's really worrying me. Please advice.

Regards
Truly
In Topics: ADHD & attention issues, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

ADD and ADHD are very prevalent in today's society, in kids and adults alike.  If symptoms do not interfere with academic performance, social development, and daily living, including safety, most likely no intervention is needed.  However, when everyday life is negatively affected by inattention or hyperactivity, a health care provider might need to step in.  Talk with your child's pediatrician about a referral to a psychiatrist who might recommend counseling alone or coupled with medication designed to make ADD/ADHD symptoms manageable.
2
0