Truly asks:

How do I deal with behavioral problems of a child who is ADD/ADHD?

I have an 11yr old who's ADHD and my problem is he has a behavioral problem. He's very forgetful and every time I have to remind him of doing his duties in the house.I'm very worried that if I can die he won't be able to stand on his own, he is too depended on me. I don't know how to deal with his problem and it's really worrying me. Please advice.

In Topics: ADHD & attention issues, Discipline and behavior challenges
> 60 days ago



Feb 17, 2010
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

ADD and ADHD are very prevalent in today's society, in kids and adults alike.  If symptoms do not interfere with academic performance, social development, and daily living, including safety, most likely no intervention is needed.  However, when everyday life is negatively affected by inattention or hyperactivity, a health care provider might need to step in.  Talk with your child's pediatrician about a referral to a psychiatrist who might recommend counseling alone or coupled with medication designed to make ADD/ADHD symptoms manageable.
Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely