MonaKhann
MonaKhann asks:
Q:

How to deal with a student having behavior problems?

I've been polite with the student and sometimes i get strict with him too but no positive response from that student. The student disturbs the whole class during lecture.
In Topics: Special needs, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

Experiment, experiment, experiment.  Each student is going to respond differently to different forms of discipline.  If one thing doesn't work, try something else.  There are so many different discipline techniques that we couldn't list them all here.  What may be extremely helpful is to talk with other teachers who have had this student in class and see if they have any strategies that proved to be effective.  Even if they didn't have this student, brainstorming with your fellow teachers can be very helpful in problem solving.  Think of a fellow teacher who you think has admirable classroom management skills and speak them about this situation.  Also consult with your administration and see if there is any form of support that they may be able to recommend.  You could even talk to the parents and see if they can speak with the child about adjusting his behaviors.  These sort of problems are rarely cut and dry, easy fix problems.  You have to explore options and try things out.  Please remain patient with your student and with yourself.  We wish you the best!

Counselor Dominic
Boys Town National Hotline-A resource for parents and teens
1-800-448-3000
www.parenting.org

2
0

Tamodog26
Tamodog26 writes:
The only thing you have to do is do something nice for the child even if they are getting on your nerves if you are nice they will respect you and try and be a good student because you are a good teacher.THe worst thing to do is something mean or taking away some activities because all that will do is make them angry so they first make fun of the teacher,pretend like they don't care and keep going, and they try to get back at the teacher by doing something that will make teaching harder or even try to disrupt class

2
0
anilaktk
anilaktk writes:
u need to set an ideal personality for ur baby.

0
1
CloverleafTeach
CloverleafT... writes:
You could set up a reward system. Positive behavior systems work wonders. I am not sure of the specific issues that you are having but allowing for your students to earn privileges has worked for me in the past. Your reward system has to be consistent and one that is of high interest.  You could talk with the parents about what motivates the child or what outside interests that the child has.

I would be happy to answer any specific questions that you may have, as I am a special ed teacher myself.

2
0
ilovecheese
ilovecheese writes:
What my teacher did was try to embarrass the student who disturbed the class. She would say" You are trying to be class clown but it is not funny."

2
0
ilovecheese
ilovecheese writes:
I believe that student may have MENTAL PROBLEMS. Not to be races.

0
0
1stnamegr8testlstnameevr
1stnamegr8t... writes:
yur mom

0
0