angel21206
angel21206 asks:
Q:

dealing with a bad imaginary friend

hello there my son has an imaginary friend named Charge and is very bad, My son never talks nice about him I actually thought it was a kid my son went to school with because he used to say he beats me up at recess, then talks about guns, I'm not really sure how to deal with this situation also have never dealt with an imaginary friend..If anyone has any info that'd be greatly appreciated
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family

|

Having an imaginary friend is not a sign that a child is troubled.  
Many children create imaginary friends and for some it is  just pretend play, for others it may be a way of coping with events in their lives.

As a parent, you should find out as much information from your son about his imaginary friend as possible.  Ask plenty of questions, try to play along when appropriate, set down rules for the imaginary friend if necessary.

Should you see signs of depression or anxiety in your son, or if he starts to tell you that the imaginary friend tells him to do unacceptable things, you should contact a pediatric therapist.

0
0