celticwoman
celticwoman asks:
Q:

Dealing with hardship.

I'm going through a lot right now, my cousin died and I'm feeling angry, confusion and grief. At school a teacher is only favoring the athletic and super smart kids. But is treating me like I'm dumb for not being a athlete and when I do math he yells at me. And at home my parents aren't getting along and my mom is always blaming me for not cleaning the sink out, ruining supper, using a heater and says you are wasting all my money! I want to move out but I do not know where to go. I'm not welcomed at school for not being athletic or super math smart, my family isn't getting along and i'm blamed for everything and I'm grieving all at the same time.
In Topics: Teen issues

|

Houli

The best advice I can suggest is to find someone you can trust- a teacher, guidance counselor, or someone else- to share your thoughts and feelings.  I think it is very rare for young people to be able to solve the type of situation you describe by themselves.

There are times when we all need someone to talk with about our problems.  Finding some one to confide in is so important.  Best wishes!

0
0

linda.theappletree
linda.theap... writes:
Grief is a very difficult feeling because it can make everything else in your life seem worse.  Try to have a talk with your mom and honestly tell her how her actions against you feel. She may be grieving and having a difficult time herself and not even realize what she is doing to you. Also, see if the school offers any counseling, or can refer you somewhere else.  You need to be able to discuss this with a non-judgemental adult.

0
0