celticwoman
celticwoman asks:
Q:

dealing verbal abuse and contol

my parents are verbally abusing me and saying i'm dumb and stupid and i never do anything right. They also are controlling about everything. If i ask for help they only help in their way and they won't let me sleep at night, always want me at home and cleaning the house, they also control what college they want. I have no freedom or say and i'm stressed, depressed and wanting to move out. I can't have them controlling me all the time and forcing me to do what they always want. I'm going to have a rough time outside of high school if they tell me you can only go to the college we want, do life what we want and you can't have a say in life!!!!!!!!
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family, Bullying and teasing

|

We are sorry to hear that you feel that your voice is not being heard at home. Everybody should have some voice in their life. Since your parents are so headstrong on making the decisions on your college, is it possible that they may be paying for the tuition? Many young adults are left alone to pay for school and are not able to attend without taking out loans for their education. If they are willing to pay, we can certainly understand their wanting you to go to a certain college.

If you feel that you are being treated in an abusive manner and your basic needs are not being met, we would suggest that you contact your local Child Protective Service number. Nobody ever deserves to be abused verbally, emotionally and/or physically.

We are here 24/7 if you would like to contact us. We can certainly understand that you are feeling very frustrated with the current situation and we know that by talking and expressing your emotions, it can help.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
NS, Boys Town Counselor

0
0