maksim22
maksim22 asks:
Q:

What is the best way of dealing with this?

My son is 8 years old. He is generally a good kid, but if he encounters difficulties with learning (homework or learning something new, or solving a math problem) he winds himself up, starts crying and -what seems like- turns his brains off . We can calm him down, but teaching him anything in the next 2-3 hours is impossible. Then he has to go to sleep, as it gets late and this happens quite often. It reflects poorly on his school grades. What is the best way of dealing with this?
In Topics: Learning issues and special needs, Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

|

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk,

May I suggest that you talk with the school counselor of psychologist to get some practical strategies that can be implemented at home and school.  They also can observe your son in school to see how he approaches difficult situations.

1
0