wondering
wondering asks:
Q:

How can I prevent my oldest son from getting a bad disposition like his father?

It's not much of a dilemma, but my oldest son basically stays to himself. I think he has a little problem with authority. He doesn't talk back. He's not disrespectful, he does not only his school work, but his house chores and what ever else I ask of him. His father had a very bad disposition and I'm afraid he'll get that same disposition when he gets older, how can I prevent that from happening.He's not abusive now he's loving, understanding, caring, and he can be talked to.
In Topics: My child's growth and development, Parenting / Our Family, Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

|

Talk, talk, and talk.  Remember, though, that the man is his father.  Individual chemistry is hard to change.  Promote what he is good at and encourage resiliance by praise.  When he is like Dad, don't reflect on dad but just say what it is about the behavior that bothers you.

Best wishes.

0
0

cristine
cristine writes:
Hey Wondering, I can totally relate to your problem, my situatution is the same. My son is 11 and I'm afraid of the same thing. What I have done is, when he starts to act like his dad in a negative way I just talk to him about it and let him know my problem with the way he's acting. I tell him that is not the way to respond to that paticular problem and talk to him about alternative ways to solve it. So, I feel if we just talk to them about it they will understand and listen to us.I don't know how old your son is but mine has really listened to me and has been a kind and sensitive young man! So, as their mothers, and being so different from dad I'm sure they will grow up with alot better dispositions! Hope this helps!

0
0
Anonymous