Brownsfan
Brownsfan asks:
Q:

Dependent and Independent Variables

I am helping my son determine variables for school, and it has been a long time. The study has an experimental, control, and placebo group of students who were tested for Emotional Intelligence. The experimental group was giving emotional intelligence lessons and then their emotional intelligence was tested. There was nothing done with placebo group, and the control group was to see how the researchers influenced the students. I am not sure where to direct him to find the dependent and independent variables. Any help would be appreciated.
In Topics: Science fair, Helping my child with science

|

judy_h
judy_h writes:
In an experiment, the independent variable (IV) is the variable that is changed or manipulated by the researcher, while the dependent variable (DV) is what changes in the presence of the IV. The DV is basically the response that is measured.

I hope this helps!

0
0