Anonymous
Q:

Do I have depression? And if so I need help

Ok, so first of all Ive always had the thought in the back of my head, life would be soo much easyier if I just committed suicide. My parents are divorced, I hate my dads girlfriend to absolute death, but he won't break up with her, I've been cutting myself for months, I hate life, I don't have many friends, I have ADHD which raises the chances of depression 3 times a normal person. I hate myself for what I've done to myself, and I've done things so bad that I can't even say it out loud, let alone on the Internet, even if my name is protected. I'm 13 now, and when I was younger I used to try to run away, smack my forehead on the sidewalk, and even now almost every day, I think about how my life sucks, and what it would be like in the after life, if it's like before your even born, or if there is heaven and hell, I've attempted suicide twice, both hanging, and they were both failers because the line snapped, the only thing keeping me from trying again is how other people react, I also get teased at school. I would tell my parents, but they both used to have drinking problems, and I don't want them to end up drinking themselves to death thinking it was their fault. I still think about what I would write in my suicide note, and no matter how much it horrifys me to think about it, I already know where my dads gun is if I ever really want out of life that bad, I feel so bad, can somebody help me without involving my parents? I might also add later, I have a really bad memory
In Topics: Teen issues, Depression

|

Houli

You need to get help with the feelings you now have- by help you need to seek professional help from someone trained to help young people like you.  Given the description of your parents and their issues, it might be difficult to have them help you with these issues.  However, you should start with them first and ask them to assist in getting help.

If this does not work talk with a guidance counselor at your school or a teacher you especially like.

Act immediately to seek help!

0
0

You have taken the toughest step: reaching out for help. You should feel proud of yourself for that. However, online communities cannot provide all of the support you need at this time.

There is a free and confidential National Suicide Hotline. This is the number: 1-800-273-TALK (8255). They have someone available for you to talk to 24/7, and they are trained professionals who can help provide the right kind of support for how you're feeling.

It's really important that you talk to a trusted adult (guidance counselor, teacher, etc.) about this as well.

Lastly, if you ever feel that your life is in danger, call 911 immediately.

You can and will get better. I wish the absolute best for you.

Alex

1
0