Lostson
Lostson asks:
Q:

Desperately need to find a school for my 16 yr old son. Learning disabilities, substance abuse & suicidal attempts.

My 16 yrs old son is a sweet loving bright boy who has given up on himself. Do to the last two years of fighting his substance abuse and suicide attempts, he has spent more time in the hospital than in school. He is a 16 yr old with 0 credits, has a lot of catching up and with the right environment I know he can. I desperately need to find a school that can help him be successful.
In Topics: Choosing a school, Depression, Teen alcohol and substance abuse

|

We are sorry to hear about your son's struggles, and it is great that you are reaching out to get him the help that he needs.  If you call the Boys Town National Hotline @ 1-800-448-3000, a counselor can find referrals in your area that can be of assistance.

0
0

eodom
eodom writes:
Bottom line whether or not you want to hear it is your son needs deliverance the kind that only the love of God can provide. All successful rehab programs are based on Godly principles extracted from the Bible you know. The reason your son is like that is because there is a void in his heart that only Jesus can fill. He is bound up by a spirit that makes him think there is no reason to live when in fact he has his whole life ahead of him and a bright, fulfilling future ahead of him that the enemy wants to cut short. Find a good, solid Bible teaching- people reaching church in you neighborhood (preferably) and get him delivered from that spirit of addiction which is the first cousin to the spirit of suicide. When you get him delivered you will get your son back! Allow and encourage him to worship and serve God in a way that will show him his purpose in life.
Note:The Bible has alot to say about casting the devil out of people because it's real they (demonic spirits exist). they enter and torment our kids But God is able to deliver. Try Him- read John 8:32-36. Matthew 8 and other verses that promise us that if we seek Him we SHALL find him.

0
0
eodom
eodom writes:
P.s. it's not a school you're in need of, but a church. Education is the least of your worries when the devil is trying to steal, kill, and destroy your child! See John 10:10.

0
0
lynellen
lynellen writes:
I applaud your efforts with your son and encourage you to keep trying.  Several wonderful schools in the Houston area which would be great for your son are: The Monarch School www.monarchschool.org and Briarwood School www.briarwoodschool.org. They would be good resources in your quest for the best for your son.  Monarch School specializes in helping a child with significant issues and seeing them through high school and into a transition home before facing the "real word".  Hang in there!

0
0
debblen4
debblen4 writes:
I'm not sure what the learning disabilities are that your son has but I'd suggest you read "The Gift of Learning" by Ronald D. Davis.  It's an amazing book that talks about why people with learning disabilities end up on drugs and how to help them with their learning.  The author believes that a dyslexia spectrum exists and that it can affect people in lots of different areas.  He includes ADD & ADHA & autism in this spectrum.

I have a younger brother (now 19) who was very angry, aggressive and was into drugs (illegal).  He also displayed dyslexic tendencies.  We prayed heaps for him for about 2 years as he was in and out of fights etc .  During this time he quit school and trained as a chef.  Now he is 19 and has changed his behaviour and job (chefing was really bad for him) and gained new qualifications. So be encouraged that your son can change.  

I would recommend that before sending your son back to school you read Davis' book and contact a facilitator.  My dad, myself, 1 brother and 1 sister have completed a Davis programme.  It is amazing the difference it has made in my life, let alone my father's.  Dad could hardly read and write but after the 2 week programme he started reading novels & nonfiction books.  

My littlest brother (14) completed the course 2 years ago and now is a confident, cheery, outgoing teen who doesn't struggle with his work anymore.

0
0
Anonymous