Q:

What is the difference between those who are slow learners and those with ADD in terms of the attention aspect?

"I am doing my research on the slow learner students on the reading comprehension since lots of them have difficulties to follow through their lesson. What I wanna know, what is the different among the slow learner and ADD on the attention aspect? And do u know what kind of tools that can we use to assess the attention aspect? Millions thanks"

Asked by "Violetta" via email.

In Topics: School and Academics, Learning issues and special needs, ADHD & attention issues

|

Assessment for ADD comes from inventories such as the Connor's or Vanderbilt scales which are available on line.  The American Academy of pediatrics also has a tool kit which is also available for diagnosis.  The main difference is children with ADD are impulsive and highly dis tractable and often not slow learners. they just have poor organization  or "executive" skills.  Most youngsters with ADD also have 37% of the time a co morbid problem which can be a learning disability.

0
0
Anonymous