ilovechefwilliam
ilovechefwi... , Teacher, Caregiver asks:
Q:

Dr. Seuss and Podcasting

I have become very interested in podcasting.  I have already done one over Abe Lincoln.  I would like to do a podcast about Dr. Seuss (that is our next theme).  Anyone have any ideas?  I teach children with autism, so some are non-verbal or very little verbal skills.  So, I need for the idea to be very easy to say.  I have also programmed some of my assistive technology devices so all students could participate.  Any suggestions would be great!
In Topics: Special needs, Autism & Aspergers Syndrome

|
Here is a lesson plan (by Amanda Wheaton) for grades 1 - 3, using Dr. Seuss' "Hop on Pop" book and podcasting...

http://bitly.com/l0bi0

It's not specifically designed for kids with autism, but perhaps you could tailor it to your students' needs (or skip the parts of Amanda's lesson that would be too difficult for your students). You could also substitute other Dr. Seuss books into this lesson plan, and the plan includes an activity of having the kids draw the vocabulary words they hear in the podcast.

Hope you find this idea/resource helpful, and your students enjoy the Dr. Seuss podcast you develop.

3
0
ilovechefwilliam
ilovechefwi... , Teacher, Caregiver writes:
Thanks :)  I did like that resource!  We decided to do a Foot Book Idea

0
0