ginny11160
ginny11160 asks:
Q:

How do we draw a cause and effect picture for my 1st graders homework?

my 1st grader's homework assignment for tonight is to graw a cause picture and an effect picture. help! any suggesstions
In Topics: Helping my child with reading

|
Redwood_City_Mom
Redwood_Cit... writes:
Hi Ginny,

I'm guessing here but it sounds like the teacher would like your son to draw a picture of something happening (a cause) and a second picture that shows what happened as a result of the first picture.  So, if he's studying home safety right now, a cause picture might be a picture of someone reaching toward a hot pan on a stove and the effect picture might be the same person with a bandage on his finger.  

Another cause picture could be one person giving another person a present and the effect picture could be the recipient's face with a big smile on it.

If you're talking about nutrition in your house, a cause picture could be a picture of someone eating a big pile of unhealthy food and the effect picture could be that person having a stomach ache or being fatter than he was in the first picture.

Hope that helps!

0
0
ilovechefwilliam
ilovechefwi... , Teacher, Caregiver writes:
I just googled cause and effect lessons first grade.  There were a ton of great lesson plans.  One even talked about using Laura Numeroff books.

0
0
sandragroome
sandragroome writes:
to draw a cause and effect picture. first picture draw the rain falling second picture a  a man  under an umbrella or a child in hospital as the second picture and for the first picture draw a child eating something with flies around

0
0