blm2979
blm2979 asks:
Q:

Will my dyslexia be passed down to my one year old daughter?

I have a daughter that just turned one.  I was diagnosed with Dyslexia in my younger years.  I just learned that it is Genetic and I am wondering or looking for advice on how early my daughter should or could be tested and any other imformation that would be helpful
Thank you
In Topics: Dyslexia

|
Wayne Yankus writes:
Once she starts kindergarten, let her teacher know of your concern.  Like most genetic entities, it may not manifest in her at all.  Since you are aware of how it manifested in your education, keep an eye on her progress.

good stories for dyslexic children are by Caroline Janover who is a national expert on the subject.

1
0
LDSolutions
LDSolutions , Child Professional writes:
If you notice that your daughter is having speech issues, not understanding rhyming, not getting letters and sounds, not recognizing letters, problems with holding a pencil and fine motor skills, confusing symbols - these might possibly be red flags for you.  If this is the case then remember early intervention is the most important thing you can do for your child.

3
0