Anonymous
Q:

What easy ways are there to teach the Alphabet and cite words?

In Topics: School and Academics, Learning issues and special needs

|

There are many fun strategies for teaching site words and the alphabet. Consider using art materials such as chalk, string art, or clay to help mold letters and eventually words.

Also, creating silly rhymes and songs may be helpful for the auditory learner.

Have fun!

Louise Sattler
www.SigningFamilies.com

0
0

ericatris
ericatris writes:
i purchased what are called "meet the sightwords" by preschool prep.  they are DVD's.  My son, who is 5 and developmentally delayed, knows them all.  they are very catchy videos and keep them interested. HUGE help!!  we love them and i love that he is reading.

0
0
jbean83
jbean83 writes:
When it comes to the alphabet, I find a hands on approach it the best way.  Let them write out the letter in sand, paint, with pipe cleaners, go on a letter hunt in a book.  See how many "A's" you can find on the page.  When it comes to learning the sounds, I found Jolly Phonics works the best. I am a private tutor and have worked with all types of children; children with exceptionalities, children who needed a push, children who had learning difficulties....  The jolly phonics program worked for every child.  I used the cd to introduce the sound with a fun catchy song and hand motion. When it comes to sight words, making fun games out of them works for me.  The most popular one is getting a beach ball that is divided into 6 coloured sections.  (dollar store sells them 2 for $1) write a sight word in each section.  Throw the ball back n forth.  Whatever word your child lands on they read it.  Then they throw it back and you read your sight word.  In addition, Heidi's songs website has great songs to help learn the sight words with a fun jingle and hand motions.  Hope this helps.

0
0