CBrimmer
CBrimmer asks:
Q:

Eating disorder in my five year old?

I have a five nearly six year old daughter who used to at least try anything. After my divorce she is spending insane amounts of time with a grandmother who tells her that eating will make her fat. This grandmother was very overweight and had reduction surgery rather than try to lose it naturally (when the weight dr told her he wouldn't do surgery until she tried natural weight loss she went to a cosmetic dr that did it anyway). This grandmother also takes my child out to eat all the time and allows junk food and sugary snacks at all times. Yet now my daughter is so afraid of "getting fat" that I can't get her to eat healthy options that we have at home. I have tried talking to her, explaining the food pyramid, what foods are good for us, and have even met with the school nurse to try to discuss nutrition but she is still afraid to eat and has even made herself vomit after meals. I'm scared of what will happen if this is allowed to continue but have no idea what else to try, help please!
In Topics: Nutrition, Eating disorders, My child's grandparent(s)

|

Sounds like your daughter might be developing an eating disorder.  Talk with a pediatric counselor as soon as possible!  Your daughter's regular health care provider will be able to recommend one in your community.

0
0
Anonymous