mommyof2boys101
mommyof2boy... asks:
Q:

How do i effectively discipline my 2 year old son?

My son just turn two years old and he doesn't listen and i swear I've tried everything.  I've tried the time out method and during time out i make him look at the wall so he doesn't get distracted by anything.  He just stands there like its nothing till he begins to talk to him self.  I would put him in his room for a time out but I'm not sure that if i use his room as a punishment if it will leave a negative vibe to his room for him.  I've tried getting down to his level and hold his chin so he looks at me so i know i have his attention telling him no he just laughs and keeps trying to do what i just told him no on but i keep my foot down and be consistent i tell him no and time out all day long over and over again I've even tried distracting him by saying lets go play with your toy's or like lets go watch some curious George and he tells me no and continue's doing what he's not suppose to even though he know's better because if he know i know he'll run and try to hide from me.  Is there something else i can try or do to get him to listen or is it simply just part of the terrible two's and i just have to stay consistent and just bare with it??  

|
GrannyGeo
GrannyGeo writes:
When using distraction, think about what it is that he is interested in about the naughty thing he's doing, and try to find an activity that will fill the same learning need.  It could be that his built in drive to learn is telling him that he needs to learn a particular thing (I'm not kidding - I really have raised, taught, loved and observed a lot of two year olds).  Thnk about how much they need to learn to go from being a baby toddler, to being a preschooler!

0
0
GrannyGeo
GrannyGeo writes:
oops! I forgot to list my website: 2-isms .

0
0