helpmegetthruthis
helpmegetth... asks:
Q:

does electricity affect plant growth?

doing a science project need to know what to use to get electricity to make plants grow we are using corn.
In Topics: Helping my child with science

|

greenprof2

Your question is about 'electroculture', the study of the effects of electric fields on plants. A lot has already been done in this area of science. Check out the website below.

Michael Bentley, EdD, Expert Panelist
1
0

ElectricFertilizer
ElectricFer... writes:
I know I'm a bit late to answer, but I'd like to add my 2 cents...

There are 2 main ways people experiment with the growth of plants and electricity:  either using static electricity (generated or natural), or DC (or AC).  In my experiments, I had great success using DC.  By just using a battery or phone charger with the leads going into the ground you may achieve some results.. Get in touch if you try anything out and I would love to help out!

0
0
TaraLawful
TaraLawful writes:
Well, it certainly depends on time and intensity. In general it does have certain effect since city plants are a lot different than those growing in the wild. If you don't have time to hold some lengthy experiment, just increase intensity of electricity and make it affect growing plants. You might as well look up topics about off grid living.

0
0