mtnmarge
mtnmarge asks:
Q:

Eleven year old boy has outbursts of rage

My 11 year old nephew is a sweet, intelligent, sociable child but does have episodes of seemingly uncontrolled rage - he breaks things in his room, clenches his fists, and cannot or will not speak during the event.  He claims he has no memory of the outburst. These outbursts are frightening and obviously exhaust him.  They can occur at any time, especially when embarrassed or he has reprimanded/corrected - but not every time.   Can you give me insight into what the issue might be, or point me in the right direction to find out what the problem may be?  Thank you so much

|

I'm sorry to hear that this is happening to your child.  I know that you must be terribly worried.  Especially when it seems as though all is fine except for these uncontrollable episodes.

I would definitely arrange an appointment with his pediatrician for an exam and discuss this, the doctor may be able to help or arrange appointments with someone who can.  Tests may need to be done to see what is the root of this problem.  It must have a source and that's what you need to find out, hopefully, it will be a simple solution.

I wish you & your son all the best, but do seek professional help.

0
0