Shamara1006
Shamara1006 asks:
Q:

How do I encourage my 9 year old son to choose better friends?

My son is a remarkable child, but he seems to gravitate more towards rambunctious and undisciplined children. My husband and I are sticklers for order, discipline, hard work, leadership and respect. We try not to be too hard on him but I feel like I am sometimes. I convince myself that it is because I want him to be an upstanding person who will make a great difference in the world, however I feel like I am crushing his individual spirit. I want him to surround himself with good, wholesome friends who will encourage his good nature as he will encourage them. I don't want to choose his friends for him, I simply want him to make sure he understands the joys of choosing wonderful friends and the perils of choosing not so wonderful friends. Can you recommend how to do this? Thank you in advance.  
In Topics: My child's growth and development

|