concernedmotherof3
concernedmo... asks:
Q:

Do you think a "D" in English is considered acceptable for the next grade level?

My 6th grader made a "D" average in summer school and his principle at his regular school said that it's considered failing and he will not be promoted to the 7th grade. I know a "C" average is more acceptable and a "D" is very low. However, it's not an "F", therefore she could have still considered passing him. He even scored Basic on his iLeap exam which is a passable grade and states he's on the right level for English. We're in Louisiana. Do anyone know who I can speak to concerning this?

|

greenprof2
greenprof2 writes:
I'm familiar with policies in Illinois, Virginia, and Tennessee where I have worked in schools. In the school districts I know, a "D" is unacceptable as a summer school grade for passing. Sorry. Michael Bentley, Expert Panelist

0
0