armymommy08
armymommy08 asks:
Q:

How can I enhance my daughter's learning skills more when she is already advanced?

I have a 3 yr old and she will be 4yrs in March but right now she is already learned her abc's, counting too 10 in english and spanish, and is starting too write out the alphabet, I'm excieted that she is wanting too go too school already but i dont know if it is too early or how I can help enhance her learning skills. Is it normal for a 3yr old too know what my daughter does already, and well im not sure what more that i can do! Any advice will be greatly appricated
In Topics: My gifted child

|

Kayerich
Kayerich writes:
I can understand what you are experiencing. My son is 1 1/2yrs old and he is already counting to ten, learning sign language, and recognizes all the letters of the alphabet. My approach is has been to add a little bit more each time I realize that hhis knowledge base has expanded. We are doing things in themes now. We pick a topic like colours and we talk about that and do activities relating to that so that we can combine concepts...this adds challenge to the learning process. For example, we are doing the colour black...we have been identifying all the things in our house and the neighbourhood that is black and we talk about it...we paint and do projects that use things that happen to be black or have black in it.

Since your daughter is already counting in two languages, you can add another language; have identify colours in another language or learn greetings in spanish or new songs in another language; does she know nursery rhymes? The point is just keep adding variations to what she already knows...have fun!

0
0