Anonymous
Q:

Should there be an Enrichment Plan and a Written Education Plan for my seventh grader who has been identified as gifted?

My daughter has been in the same school district since kindergarten. She was identified by school standards as gifted 6 years ago. This year she entered junior high and there seems to be no help for her academically to keep her stimulated. I have approached her guidance counselor and the gifted coordinator for district the second week of school and expressed my daughter's concerns of "being bored" and "feeling like she is getting more and more stupid." We are now on our tail half and she has yet to be approached. She went to the Guidance Office prior to X-Mas and he said he would schedule a meeting w/ the Enrichment Specialist at the school...there has yet to be any meeting or conversation w/ the Enrichment Specialist. Previous years and schools the gifted program has been very helpful and attentive to the students. I feel like someone has dropped the ball and I am not sure where to go from here for help. I am afraid my daughter is developing poor habits every day with the boredom and lack of stimulation. Thank you.
In Topics: Working with school administrators, My gifted child

|
Anonymous