ForceRecon402
ForceRecon402 asks:
Q:

How To Escalate a Complaint About Inappropriate Behavior of School Counselor

My husband and I have had guardianship of his special needs niece for about 4 years now.  (She is 12.)  Since moving back to MI, our child is enrolled in North Branch schools.  We are in hell!  Albeit our child was tested multiple times and qualified for IEP/504 and Special Ed benefits at 2 other schools, this district has fought us for the last 12 months on any type of benefits for her.

Recently, the school counselor filed an erroneous complaint with DHS alleging we lock our child in her room without feeding her.  (CPS ruled that there was no proof of allegations and the case was closed within 14 days.)  It was an attempt to vilify us, and to get us to back down from our constant fight with the district for her benefits.

In fact, in a written report from DHS, this school counselor is quoted as alleging I am violent and someone should accompany any officials to our home, (admittedly - I can be very vocal when fighting for my child's rights, but I have no history of any type of violence, etc and have never once threatened anyone or even remotely made any statements that could be construed as such) and that my husband has "multiple personalities".  

This same counselor is also on record as saying our child, "does not deserve to be with us."  Other statements she has made compelled our daughter to throw out her medication, convincing her she doesn't need it.

I want to launch an investigation into her actions immediately, but small town politics is getting me nowhere!
In Topics: Working with school administrators, Special education, Special needs

|

We are very sorry, but Education.com cannot comment on legal affairs.  Perhaps a local legal aid association may be of assistance.

http://www.michiganlegalaid.org/

0
0
Anonymous