Anonymous
Q:

What is self esteem

What is self-esteem? How can I help improve my child's self image?
In Topics: Physical development, Self esteem and identity

|

Self-esteem has to do with positive feelings.  Happiness, purpose, connection all make up a sense of self.  Praise your child for good behavior, reward friendship, and establish family connections. Lead by example.

2
0
jritchie

Best Answer!

Thank you for your question. Self esteem is such an important subject that I think it's great that you are being so active to understand it more. To read up on self esteem click on the link below which is a link to the self esteem information center on Education.com. I can also tell you from my experience that children will learn more from their parents' actions than from their words. So I think it's necessary to reinforce your communication through action. Simple things such as spending time with your children can be very meaningful for a child's self esteem development.

Thank you and good luck!
1
0

Skyflowers101
Skyflowers101 , Student writes:
Self esteem is VERY IMPORTANT mainly to preteens and teens since their going throgh a lot of changes! You can improve you're childs self esteem by praising what he/she does that is good and spend less time correcting and lecturing him/her.But that dosn't mean praising her for every little thing and not correcting bad behavior at all.

0
0